General Biology Mcq’s Quiz with Answers for NTS, CSS, FPSC, PMS and PPSC Test Online Preparation. These Objective type Questions are also for students who are willing to attempt MCAT entry test. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
1. A plant cell is distinguished from an animal cell by the presence of ?
(c) Cell membrane
(d) Cell wall
2. A man with blood group A can receive blood from persons having blood groups ____ ?
(a) A, O
(b) A, B, O
(c) A, AB, B
(d) A, B
3. What does Mycology study ?
4. Duodenum is situated ________ ?
(a) At the uppermost part of the small intestine
(b) Near the lungs
(c) in the brain
(d) At the tail end of the intestine
5. Dialysis is used in the case of a patient suffering from ?
(a) Heart problems
(b) Kidney problems
(c) Respiratory diseases
(d) Neurological disorders
6. Which gland of the human body produces insulin ?
7. In brain, the site for intelligence, memory and emotion is present in ________ ?
8. Animal flesh is a good source of high quality proteins because animal proteins are __________ ?
(a) Directly taken up by muscle-tissues and add
to their strength
(b) Animal proteins have all amino acids
(c) Animal proteins carry the right proportion of amino acids needed by humans
(d) Animal proteins are digested easily
9. Vaccines are _________ ?
(a) Same as monoclonal antibodies
(b) Treated bacteria or viruses or one of their proteins
(c) MHC proteins
(d) strands of nucleic acids
10. Excessive vomiting and diarrhoea may result in the decrease of which of the following in the bloodstream ?
11. Insulin, a drug that checks diabetes, was discovered by _______ ?
(a) Francis Crick
(c) James D Watson
(d) Dr Banting
12. Which one of the following is an example of hereditary disease ?
13. Which of the following is responsible for transferring the genetic information from one generation to the next ?
(d) Messenger RNA
14. Inside which of the following is a nucleus not found ?
(a) A human cell
(b) A plant cell
(c) An electric cell
(d) An atom
15. Anaerobics are ______ ?
(a) Bacteria which can complete their life cycle without oxygen
(b) Bacteria which can complete their life cycle without water
(c) Colonies of unicellular bacteria
(d) Colonies of multicellular bacteria