General Biology Mcq’s Quiz with Answers for NTS, CSS, FPSC, PMS and PPSC Test Online Preparation. These Objective type Questions are also for students who are willing to attempt MCAT entry test. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
1. Which of the followings are considered to be the simplest living organisms with the ability to manufacture their own food by photosynthesis _______ ?
(c) Green plants
(d) BIue-green algae
2. Bryophytes are _______ ?
(a) Vascular plants
(b) Non-vascular plants
3. The forests in Pakistan comprising of which one of the following are facing the danger of extinction ?
4. During photosynthesis green plants build up _______ ?
(d) All these
5. Pollens are produced in larger numbers and are light in weight in flowers pollinated by ____ ?
(d) All these
6. Photosynthesis is a biochemical process for the transfer of solar energy to _______ ?
(a) Nitrogen cycle
(b) Hydraulic cycle
(c) Petrological cycle
(d) Food chain cycle
7. Ginger is an example of _______ ?
8. The earliest organisms that appeared on the surface of the earth were probably ______ ?
(d) None of the above
9. Osmosis is a function of which of the following factors ?
(a) The number of solute molecules in the solutions on the two sides of the selectively permeable membrane
(d) All of the above
10. Which of the following plant micronutrients is involved in the electron transport in photosynthesis ?
11. Bamboo is a ______ ?
12. Cork cells are impervious to water because of the presence of _______ ?
13. Fern belongs to ______ ?
(d) None of these
14. In which section of the plant does photosynthesis take place ?
15. Photosynthesis takes place faster in _______ ?
(a) Yellow light
(b) White light
(c) Red light