General Biology Mcq’s Quiz with Answers for NTS, CSS, FPSC, PMS and PPSC Test Online Preparation. These Objective type Questions are also for students who are willing to attempt MCAT entry test. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
1. What does blood consists of ?
(a) 60% plasma, 40% corpuscles
(b) 40% plasma, 60% corpuscles
(c) 25% plasma, 75% corpuscles
(d) 90% plasma, 10% corpuscles
2. The pituitary gland is located just below the ______ ?
3. Mother’s milk lacks _______ ?
1. Vitamin C 2. Proteins 3. Sodium 4. Iron
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 2 and 4
4. During sleep a man’s blood pressure _______ ?
(c) Remains constant
5. A victim of a road accident order the steps in first aid ______ ?
1. Treating for cardiac arrest 2. Treating for asphyxia 3. Treating for shock 4. Arrest haemorrhage 5. . Cleanse and cover wounds
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
(b) 2, 1, 4, 3, 5
(c) 2, 3, 1, 4, 5
(d) 5, 2, 1, 3, 4
6. Why do we feel drowsy after a heavy meal ?
(a) The biological clock is upset
(b) The body muscles are fatigued
(c) The hypothalamus produces melatonin to induce sleep
(d) Brain receives less oxygen as blood rushes to supply oxygen and nutrition to the contracting stomach and intestines
7. Ready source of energy available for athletes is _______ ?
8. Chromosomes are _______ ?
(a) Present only in the nucleus of a cell
(b) The biggest in number in human cells
(c) Made up of DNA as the main component
(d) Visible in all cells at every time
9. The part of the cell which is essential for protein synthesis is _______ ?
(c) Golgi bodies
10. Short-sightedness is due to ________ ?
(a) Shifting of the iris
(b) Weaker muscles
(c) Elongation of eyeballs
(d) The weakening of the retina
11. There are approximately ________ muscles in human body ?
12. The organ which destroys worn-out RBCs in the body of a vertebrate is ______ ?
(c) Bone marrow
13. The saliva helps in the digestion of ________ ?
14. Biological death of a patient means the death of tissues of the _______ ?
15. Which of the following hormones contains iodine ?