General Biology Mcq’s Quiz with Answers for NTS, CSS, FPSC, PMS and PPSC Test Online Preparation. These Objective type Questions are also for students who are willing to attempt MCAT entry test. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
1. Consumption of fish is considered to be healthy when compared to the flesh of other animals because fish contains _____ ?
(a) Polyunsaturated fatty acids
(b) Saturated fatty acids
(c) Essential vitamins
(d) More carbohydrates and proteins
2. Flower colours are due to _____ ?
3. Calcium content is maximum in ______ ?
4. Arrange the following in the order of their evolution ?
1. Amphibians 2. Fish 3. Reptiles 4. Birds
(a) 1, 2, 4, 3
(b) 2, 1, 4, 3
(c) 2, 1, 3, 4
(d) 4, 1, 3, 2
5. Which of the following sets contains foods rich in carbohydrates ?
(a) Potato, ghee and cucumber
(b) Wheat, ghee and spinach
(c) Banana, potato and rice
(d) Rice, lemon and mustard oil
6. What is stored in the gallbladder ?
7. Which of the following is a mammal ?
8. The smallest plants on the earth are the ________ ?
(e) None of these
9. The Global Iodine Deficiency Disorder Day is observed on ______ ?
(a) 5th November
(b) 21st October
(c) 30th October
(d) 31st October
10. Who invented the Polio vaccine (Oral) ?
(a) Janas Salk
(b) Burk Holder
(c) Robert Koch
(d) Albert Sabin
11. Which type of cells in our body acts as an immune system against diseases ?
(b) Red blood cells
(c) White blood cells
12. What is the peritoneum ?
(a) A membrane
(b) An organ
(c) A muscle
(d) A bone
13. Fat is a ?
(c) Amino acid
14. The unused fat present in the body is ?
(a) Converted into carbohydrates
(b) Removed as waste from the body
(c) Reconverted into animal fat and stored in different parts of the body
(d) Easily destroyed by certain enzymes present in the body
15. Who discovered the blood groups of man ?
(a) Edward Jenner
(c) Kari Landsteiner
(d) William Harvey