Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. A car and a loaded truck are moving with the same speed along a road. As compared to the truck, the car shall possess ?
(a) More kinetic energy
(b) More potential energy
(c) Less kinetic energy
(d) More mechanical energy
2. When a moving bus stops suddenly, the passengers are pushed forward because of the ______ ?
(a) Friction between the earth and the bus
(b) Friction between the passengers and the earth
(c) The inertia of the passengers
(d) The inertia of the bus
3. Erect and virtual images are always produced by ______ ?
(a) Plane and convex mirrors
(b) Plane mirrors alone
(c) Concave and convex mirrors
(d) Concave mirrors alone
4. The working of the receiver of a telephone depends upon the _______ ?
(a) Change in magnetisation of an electromagnet, which causes a diaphragm to vibrate
(b) The efficiency of the loudspeaker which enhances the loudness of sound.
(c) Conversion of the electric signal, after its amplification into the sound wave.
(d) The diaphragm which is made to vibrate by the incoming sound wave.
5. An old man, unable to apply a large force, wishes to use a screw jack for lifting his car wheels. if L is the length of the rod used to turn the jack and p is the pitch of jack screw, then he should use a jack in which ________ ?
(a) L is large and p is large
(b) L is small and p is large
(c) L is large and p is small
(d) L is small and p is small
6. The hydraulic brakes used in automobiles is a direct application of _____ ?
(a) Archimede’s principle
(b) Toricellian law
(c) Bernoulli’s theorem
(d) Pascal’s law
7. In TV, transmission ______ ?
(a) Sound and video signals are transmitted simultaneously
(b) Sound is transmitted first and then the video signal follows
(c) Video signal is transmitted first. followed by sound signal
(d) Sound and video signals are transmitted from different places at the same time
8. Surface tension in a liquid is due to ________ ?
(a) The adhesive force between the molecules
(b) Cohesive force between the molecules
(c) The gravitational force between the molecules
(d) Electrical force between the molecules
9. Springs of shock absorbers of automobiles and railway coaches are made of steel and not of rubber because steel is _______ ?
(a) More durable than rubber
(b) Less expensive than rubber in the long run
(c) Less elastic than rubber
(d) More elastic than rubber
10. Why does the mercury column in the barometer fall rapidly before a severe storm ?
(a) It is due to decrease in humidity in the air
(b) It is due to the rise in atmospheric pressure
(c) It is due to the fall in atmospheric pressure
(d) It is due to the severe heat energy from the sun
11. Why does water boil below 100°C at higher altitudes ?
(a) There is a lesser dissipation of heat at higher altitudes
(b) Water available at higher altitudes is purer than that in the plains
(c) Pollution-free air at higher altitudes increases the calorific value of fuel used
(d) The atmospheric pressure at higher altitudes is low as compared to that at sea level
12. The speed of sound is maximum through which of the following ?
13. Echo is the effect produced due to _______ ?
(a) Absorption of sound
(b) Dispersion of sound
(c) Reflection of sound
(d) Refraction of sound
14. In a photographic camera fitted with a convex lens, which of the following types of images will be formed on the film ?
(a) Erect and real
(b) inverted and real
(c) imaginary and erect
(d) The type of image formed will depend on the distance between the lens and the object
15. In the modem-day computers, when operational, the electrical impulses travel ______ ?
(a) At the speed of sound
(b) At seven times the speed of sound
(c) At half the speed of light
(d) Nearly at the speed of light