Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. The weight of a given object is maximum ______ ?
(a) At the bottom of a 500 ft deep mine
(b) At the top of a mountain 5,000 ft high
(c) At a distance of 100 km above the earth’s surface
(d) At the surface of the earth
2. The flow of heat from a hot to a cold body is an example of _______ ?
(a) Adiabatic process
(b) Irreversible process
(c) Reversible process
(d) Isothermal process
3. What makes the air coming out of a punctured tyre cool ?
(a) Adiabatic expansion
(b) Flowathigh speed
(c) Isothermal expansion
(d) None of the above
4. It takes much longer to cook things in the hills than in the plains, because ______ ?
(a) Atmospheric pressure is high in the hills and water boils at a higher temperature
(b) Atmospheric pressure is lower and water boils at a lower temperature
(c) Due to low atmospheric pressure in the hills, the boiling point of water is raised and therefore water takes longer to boil
(d) The humid atmosphere in the hills absorbs a lot of heat, leaving very little for the cooking
5. The working of optical fibres is based on the _________ of electromagnetic waves ?
(c) Total internal reflection
6. The needle of a magnetic compass ______ ?
(a) Is affected only by permanent magnetics
(b) Rotates in the magnetic field of an electric Current
(c) Aligns itself parallel to a magnetic field
(d) Aligns itself perpendicular to a magnetic field
7. Which of the following is true for capacitors in series ?
(a) The total capacitance is the sum of the individual capacitance
(b) The total charge is the sum of the charges on each capacitor
(c) The total voltage is the sum of the voltage across each capacitor
(d) The availabie charge is shared between two or more capacitors
8. Condenser is used _______ ?
(a) To produce charge
(b) To change the direction of current
(c) To collect the charge
(d) As a good conductor of electricity
9. All the following statements are correct, except _______ ?
(a) The presence of moisture in the air reduces the conductivity of charge
(b) When a body is charged positively. some electrons escape from it
(c) A body is said to be negatively charged when it has got some electrons
(d) None of the above statements is correct
10. Two parallel wires carrying current in the opposite direction _______ ?
(a) Attracteach other
(b) Repel each other
(c) Do not exert any force on each other
(d) None of these
11. A car is running on a road at a uniform speed of 60 km/hr. The net resultant force on the car is _______ ?
(a) Driving force in the direction of car’s motion
(b) Resistance force opposite to the direction of car’s motion
(c) Aninciined force
(d) Equal to zero
12. Which one of the following is not an advantage of AC over DC ?
(a) The AC sows skin effect
(b) In AC a wide range of voltages is possible
(c) Lines loss in AC transmission lines are negligible
(d) In AC the magnitude of the current can be reduced bv a choke
13. Which of the following instruments may be used to measure A.C ?
(b) Hot-wire ammeter
(c) Moving coil glavanometer
(d) None of these
14. Copper wires are generally used for electrical power transmission instead of iron wires because ______ ?
(a) Copper is a better conductor than iron
(b) Copper is cheaper than iron
(c) Copper can take higher power than iron
(d) Copper is lighter than iron
15. Permanent magnets are made from _______ ?
(a) Diamagnetic substances
(b) Ferromagnetic substances
(c) Paramagnetic substances
(d) Dielectric substances