Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. The atmosphere exerts enormous pressure on us. But we do not feel it because ________ ?
(a) We are used to it
(b) Our bones are very strong and can withstand this pressure
(c) The surface area of our head is very small
(d) Our blood exerts a pressure slightly more than that of the atmosphere.
2. Lightning is formed when ________ ?
(a) Similar charges of electricity rush towards each other and then get repelled
(b) Clouds strike against impurities in the air and the friction burns up these impurities.
(c) Strong opposite charges in different clouds break down the resistance offered by the intervening air.
(d) Water vapour produces electricity in the clouds.
3. A semi-conductor is also used as _______ ?
(c) Electronic motor
4. The wave which does not require any medium is _______ ?
(a) Sound wave
(c) Electromagnetic waves
(d) Water waves
5. Radio waves are ______ ?
(a) Sound waves
(b) Electromagnetic waves
(c) Water waves
(d) Heat waves
6. A.C. voltage is ______ ?
(b) Digital quantity
(c) Analogue quantity
7. In Binary system, the figure 361 is written as _______ ?
8. The device which converts analogue signal to digital signal is called _______ ?
9. For making laser, usually we use _______ ?
10. Argon laser is used for operating the ______ ?
(a) Eye cancer
(c) Kidney stone
(d) Bone disease
11. When light enters from rare to denser medium, it bends towards the normal line, it is called _______ ?
(a) Reflection of light
(b) Diffraction of light
(c) Refraction of light
(d) Absorption of light
12. Electromagnetic waves travel with the _______ ?
(a) Speed of light
(b) Speed of sound
(c) Speed of earth rotation
(d) Speed of sun rotation
13. Sound travels faster in _______ ?
(a) Dry air than in water
(b) Wood than in iron
(c) Iron than in air
(d) Hydrogen than in water
14. Soldiers crossing a suspension bridge, always break steps, in case the frequency of vibration of their marching should coincide with that of the bridge and this is because of the phenomenon of ______ ?
(a) Refraction of sound
(b) Reverberation of sound
(c) Resonance of sound
(d) Echolocation of sound
15. On passing through foodstuff, the x-ray can kill the _______ ?