Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. Through which of the following media does sound travel the fastest ?
(b) Warm air
2. Which of the following instruments is used for detecting and measuring small electric currents ?
3. The lightning conductor or rod used for protecting buildings from lightning is made of ________ ?
(d) All of the above
4. What is the melting point of Tungsten ?
5. Colours seen on oil films spread on water are seen because of ________ ?
(a) Interference of light waves
(b) Refraction of light
(c) Reflection of light
(d) None of the above
6. A motorcar is moving with uniform velocity on a rough horizontal road. According to Newton’s law of motion ______ ?
(a) The kinetic energy of the car is increasing
(b) There is no unbalanced force acting on the car
(c) Forces are acting on the car
(d) The car is being accelerated
7. If a bimetallic strip is heated, it will _______ ?
(a) Twist itself into a helix
(b) Not bend at all
(c) Bend towards the metal with the higher thermal coefficient of expansion
(d) Bend towards the metal with the lower thermal expansion coefficient
8. In an electronic watch. the component corresponding to the pendulum of a pendulum clock is ?
(b) Balance wheel
(c) Crystal oscillator
9. Why is the light an of ordinary lamp hotter than the tube light ?
(a) It is due to incandescence
(b) It is due the to ionisation of gases
(c) It has more surface for distribution of energy
(d) It gives white light
10. The resistance of a bulb rated 60 watts/220 volts is approximately ______ ?
(a) 4 Ω
(b) 40 Ω
(c) 400 Ω
(d) 800 Ω
11. Sonar works on the principle of ______ ?
(a) Reflection of sound
(b) Absorption of sound
(c) Reflection of radio-waves
(d) None of these
12. When the load is lifted from the ground to a certain height, some work is done and energy is used up. This energy is converted into ______ ?
(a) Internal energy of the body
(b) Heat and dissipated
(c) Potential energy of the body
(d) Heat as well as potential energy
13. A plant with green leaves placed in red light will appear ______ ?
14. The common refrigerant used in the domestic refrigerator is ______ ?
(d) None of these
15. Who said, “A body will remain at rest unless an external force acts on the body” ?