Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. Water cannot be used to extinguish the fire caused by an electric current because ?
(a) It may cause another short circuit
(b) It may cause hydrolysis
(c) It may cause electrocution
(d) It will spoil the wiring
2. In diesel engines ignition takes place by ______ ?
(b) Electrical spark
3. Cloudy nights are warmer because ______ ?
(a) Clouds prevent radiation of heat from ground to air
(b) Of low atmospheric pressure
(c) Of the compact density of air
(d) More dust particles gather in the air
4. If we go to the Himalayas, we feel breathless because ?
(a) It is very cold there
(b) The density of air is much less on the hills so oxygen content is reduced
(c) The density of air is high on the hills reducing the oxygen content
(d) None of these
5. In deserts, clouds do not precipitate because of ______ ?
(a) Low pressure
(b) Low humidity
(c) High wind velocity
(d) Low temperature
6. When an open bottle of scent is kept in a corner of the room, its odour is felt in all the corners. This is due to the phenomenon of ?
7. The process of transfer of heat by matter but without actual movement of the particles themselves is called _____ ?
(d) None of the above
8. What are ultrasonic waves ?
(a) Sound waves having frequency shorter than audio-frequency range
(b) Sound waves produced in a vacuum
(c) Sound waves having a frequency higher than audio-frequency range
(d) None of these
9. In the process of galvanization, an iron sheet is coated with ______ ?
10. A radar which detects the presence of an enemy aircraft uses ______ ?
(a) Sound waves
(c) Electric waves
(d) Ultrasonic waves
11. Fish plates are used in railway tracks _______ ?
(a) To avoid tracks being distorted due to temperature fluctuation
(b) To control the speed of the train
(c) To connect two rails
(d) To keep the rails equidistant
12. Food is cooked quickly in a pressure cooker because of ______ ?
(a) The boiling point of water is decreased
(b) The boiling point of water is increased
(c) It absorbs heat quickly
(d) It retains heat for a long duration
13. In an earthen pot cooling of water depends upon ______ ?
(a) Outside temperature
(b) Atmospheric humidity
(d) All of the above
14. A fuse wire is used to ______ ?
(a) To make the electrical circuit strong
(b) Convert AC into DC
(c) Convert DC into AC
(d) Prevent an unduly high electric current to pass through a circuit
15. A molecule is ________ ?
(a) A class of organic compounds
(b) The smallest unit of a substance that retains the properties of the substance
(c) The spectrum of a substance
(d) A small mass