Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. What are primary colours ?
(a) Colour of the rainbow
(b) Colour in the spectrum of white light
(c) Colours which cannot be produced
(d) Colour found in nature
2. Air bubble in water shines because of the phenomenon of ______ ?
(d) Total internal reflection
3. Sun and the other stars are virtually huge nuclear explosion chambers producing a large amount of heat and light. Yet, we do not hear any of the explosions because of __________ ?
(a) Heat and light are electromagnetic radiations and travel much faster than sound
(b) Sound waves get attenuated completely before they reach the earth
(c) The process involved in the interior of the sun and the stars relate to atomic and subatomic particles and not molecules and their vibrations
(d) The outer space is an absolute vacuum
4. The advantage of AC over DC is that ______ ?
(a) it contains more electrical energy
(b) It is free from voltage fluctuations
(c) Its generation costs much less
(d) it can be transmitted over long distances with minimum power loss
5. What is minimum escape velocity–the speed necessary to counter earth’s gravity and to break away from earth into outer space–required for a rocket to be launched into space ?
(a) 5 km per second
(b) 6 km per second
(c) 11 km per second
(d) 20 km per second
6. Which of the following devices is used to step up or step down the voltage of alternating current ?
(a) Induction coil
7. The spherical shape of a small drop of rain is due to ______ ?
(b) Surface tension
(c) Atmospheric pressure
8. The blue colour of the sky can be attributed to ______ ?
(a) Differential scattering of sunlight by the atmosphere
(b) Total internal reflection of the sunlight by the atmosphere
(c) Absorption of sunlight
(d) Refraction of sunlight by the atmosphere
9. Which one of the following sets of properties are relevant for an electrical fuse wire needed for a normal application ?
(a) Thick wire, high melting point alloy, short length
(b) Thick wire, low melting point alloy, large length
(c) Short length, low melting point alloy, thin wire
(d) Large length, low melting point alloy, thin wire
10. Ice floats on water because the density of ice is less than that of water, Out of the following what part of giant icebergs remains above water ?
11. Which one of the following colours has the longest wavelength ?
12. Which one of the following can be used to focus sunlight ?
(a) Plane mirror
(b) Concave lens
(c) Concave mirror
(d) Convex mirror
13. Which of the following is a good conductor of electricity ?
14. The tendency of a liquid drop to contract and occupy minimum area is due to ______ ?
(a) Surface tension
(d) Vapour pressure
15. Choke coil is a coil of _______ ?
(a) High resistance and high inductance
(b) Low resistance and high inductance
(c) High resistance and low inductance
(d) Low resistance and low inductance