Physics MCQs Quiz for Competitive Exams.This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book.
1. When the cat leaps for its prey then the chemical energy present in its muscles is converted to ___ ?
(a) Potential energy then to light energy
(b) Potential energy than to kinetic energy
(c) Electrical energy than to heat energy
(d) Heat energy than to Nuclear energy
2. The energy stored in the fossil fuel is _______ ?
(d) Elastic potential energy
3. Semi-conductor is such a substance, whose ability to conduct current lies in between _____ ?
(a) Conductors and insulators
(b) Conductors and superconductors
(c) insulators and superconductors
(d) Wood and plastic
4. Though the temperature inside the lighted electric bulb is around 2700°C, the filament does not burn because _____ ?
(a) The metal of which it is made is resistant to burning
(b) The oxygen necessary for combustion (and burning) is not available as the bulb is evacuated and filled with pure nitrogen or inert gases
(c) It does not burn in closed systems
(d) It is made of the non-metallic substance
5. A remote control gadget (for TV etc.) has in it ______ ?
(a) A small electromagnet, that emits electromagnetic
(b) A small oscillator that emits electric pulses
(c) A small transmitter that emits infrared signals
(d) None of these
6. Conductors. insulators and semi-conductors differ from each other due to the property of _______ ?
(a) ability of the current they carry
(b) formation of crystal lattice
(c) binding energy of their electrons
(d) mutual width of their energy gaps
7. On which principle does the tape-recorder function ?
(a) Electromagnetic induction
(b) Electro valency
(c) Gay Lussac’s law of combining volumes
(d) Boyle’s Law
8. When a constant force is applied to a body it moves with uniform ________ ?
9. The silvered surface of thermos flask prevents the transfer of heat by _____ ?
10. When the wind blows at high velocity, rooftops are blown off because of pressure _______ ?
(a) Outside is more than inside the roof
(b) Inside is more than outside the roof
(c) Increase due to wind velocity
(d) Is exerted by air from outside