- PM Imran chairs cabinet meeting to discuss 7-point agenda
- Scott Morrison is new Australian PM after bitter coup. Morrison installed as 7th PM in 11 years after a stunning Liberal party revolt unseated moderate Malcolm Turnbull.
- Indian journalist Kuldip Nayar passes away at 95. He was born on August 14, 1923 in Sialkot, Pakistan.
High level appointments, transfers made in Army.
- Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday made high level command postings and transfers across Pakistan.
- According to the Army’s Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), Lieutenant General Shahid Baig Mirza has been appointed as the Inspector General (IG) Communications and Information Technology (C&IT). He was earlier serving as Corps Commander Karachi.
- Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza has been made the Chief of General Staff (CGS) while the present CGS Lt Gen Bilal Akbar has been posted as Corps Commander Rawalpindi.
- Lieutenant General Naeem Ashraf who was serving as Chairman Heavy Industries Taxila(HIT) has been appointed as Corps Commander Multan.
- The present Corps Commander Multan Lieutenant General Abdullah Dogar has been assigned the post of Chairman HIT.
- Lieutenant General Humayun Aziz has been appointed as Corps Commander Karachi. He was previously working as IG C&IT.
Lahore board announces 9th class 2018 results.
- The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Lahore, has declared the result of secondary school (Class IX) annual examination, 2018.
- According to a notification issued by the board on Monday, in Lahore, 2,50,833 candidates participated in the examination, out of which 125,838 students have been declared successful.
Indonesian earthquake death toll reaches 555.
- Deadly earthquakes rocked Indonesia’s Lombok Island this summer killed 555 people and injured nearly 1,500.
- The picturesque Island next to holiday hotspot Bali was hit by two deadly quakes on July 29 and August 5. On Sunday it was shaken by a string of fresh tremors and aftershocks, with the strongest measuring 6.9 magnitude.