- PM Imran Khan offers humanitarian assistance for people in India’s flood-hit Kerala state. Prime minister extends “prayers and best wishes to those who have been devastated by the floods in Kerala, India”.
- Information minister grieves death of Indian journalist Kuldip Nayar. “Nayar used the power of his pen for ending hatred and promotion of peace in the region,” says Fawad Chaudhry.
- One FC personnel martyred, 3 injured in North Waziristan landmine blast. Area cordoned off, investigations into the incident underway.
- Return of Pakistani pilgrims to start on August 27. A total of 107,000 Pakistanis performed Hajj under the government Hajj scheme and 77,210 under private schemes this year.
- Trump says US market would ‘crash’ if he were impeached. “I don’t know how you can impeach somebody who has done a great job,” says US president in interview.
- Railways ministry faces a Rs37-40 billion deficit: Sheikh Rashid Ahmed. “We are willing to even rent out the railway tracks,” says minister, highlighting the gravity of the situation.
- Saudi Arabia seeks death penalty for female rights activist: campaigners. At least 12 other leading human rights activists, including eight women, have been arrested in the kingdom since May.