- PTI’s Asad Qaiser, Qasim Suri elected NA speaker and deputy speaker amid opposition ruckus.
- PTI’s Mushtaq Ghani elected KP Assembly speaker, Agha Siraj returns as speaker of Sindh Assembly
- Imran Khan’s nomination papers for PM election submitted
- China hands over control of PRSS-1 satellite to Pakistan
- 35 killed in Italy motorway bridge collapse. 50-metre-high section of the bridge, including one set of the supports that tower above it, crashes down in the rain.
- Saudi prince Mohammad bin Salman telephones Imran Khan on Independence Day. PTI’s govt to benefit from experience of Saudi crown prince in carrying out effective anti-corruption drive, says Imran.
- Fake accounts case: Omni Group Chairman Anwar Majeed taken into FIA custody
- North Korea missiles used Russian or Ukranian engines. A study claimed that N Korea acquired engines for the recent Intercontinental Ballistic Missile test from Russia or Ukrania. The missiles appeared to be powered by a modified version of an engine previously used in Soviet’ ICBM’s.