- President Alvi meets counterpart Erdogan in Turkey. Invites Erdogan to visit Pakistan.
- Former LHC judge shot dead in Chakwal. Former judge was travelling to Chakwal from his native town when unknown attackers opened fire on his car.
- SC to announce verdict on Asia Bibi’s final legal appeal against execution tomorrow. The apex court had reserved its ruling on Bibi’s final appeal against execution on October 8.
- President Alvi attends inauguration ceremony of Istanbul Grand International Airport. Alvi invited to ceremony by Turkish counterpart President Erdogan.
- SBP has reported that profits and dividends fell to $347.6 million during July-September.
- Cyber attack costs BankIslami Rs2.6m. Bank claims amount has been restored to affected accounts.
- CJP rejects Aamir Liaquat’s apology in contempt case, summons MNA to court. Asks if additional attorney general was in court as he had to frame the charge sheet against the PTI leader today.
- School principal in Peshawar handed 105 years in prison for child abuse, rape. Attaullah Marwat found guilty of sexually abusing schoolchildren and filming them with cameras installed on campus.
- Fakhre Alam continues his Mission Parwaaz with renewed Russian visa. Singer thanks government for intervening after Russian authorities detained him for landing with expired visa.
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza welcome baby boy. The proud father announces arrival of ‘Baby Mirza Malik’ on Twitter.
- Journalist, two policemen killed in ‘Maoist rebel attack’ in India. Police patrol accompanied by Doordarshan cameraman attacked by armed men in Chattisgarh.
- UK academic on spying charge in UAE released on bail. PhD student Matthew Hedges was arrested at Dubai Airport on May 5 over charges of spying for the British government.
- Taliban: 5 freed from US military prison now in Qatar office. After drawn-out negotiations, the five Taliban were released in 2015.
- Israeli minister on Dubai visit calls for ‘peace’. The communication minister’s statement comes as Israel launches an unprecedented diplomatic push into Gulf states.
- 2 Saudi sisters’ bodies recovered from NYC riverbank: report. Saudi consulate general says they are conducting a “continuous follow-up to find out the facts”.
- Weakened Merkel to step down as chancellor in 2021. Hailed as the world’s most powerful woman, Merkel “hoped her planned departure would end bitter fighting in coalition”.
- India, Pakistan declared joint winners as rain washes out Asian CT final. Pakistan has won the title twice in 2012 and 2013 besides finishing runners-up in 2011 and 2016.
- Sharma ton helps India crush WI in fourth ODI. West Indies had a mountain to climb after Sharma’s 211-run partnership with fellow centurion Ambati Rayudu.
Profits outflow declines 19pc