Today’s important Pakistan Current Affairs 2nd November 2018. These are top news which will be helpful for aspirants in preparation of NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, OTS, PTS and All other Govt Jobs & exams.
- Maulana Samiul Haq assassinated at Rawalpindi residence. His son confirms he was stabbed to death in his room.
- DG ISPR says army has nothing to do with Asia case, urges protesters to take legal route. Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor regrets that “army is dragged into everything”.
- Govt appoints grade-21 officer Amir Zulfiqar as Islamabad IGP. Apex court removes its earlier suspension of IGP’s transfer order after Jan Mohammad appears reluctant to resume charge.
- Tanzeem Ittehad-i-Ummat calls for nationwide calm, peaceful protests. Religious leaders maintain peaceful protest is a democratic right, urge demonstrators to refrain from damaging property.
- FIA raids three sugar mills in Badin reportedly owned by Omni Group: sources. Various records seized during raid, sources say.
- ‘Pakistan wants to learn from China,’ PM Khan tells President Xi in Beijing. Information minister says meeting “very successful”, Pakistan may get a major economic package soon.
- SC mulls proceeding against Swati under Article 62. Court orders formation of JIT to probe the ‘unlawful’ transfer of Islamabad IGP.
- State Bank profit dips 26pc. Decline is primarily attributed to an exchange loss of Rs72.3bn in financial year 2018.
- Punjab rejects Bahria Town’s proposal to build Dadocha Dam. Bahria Town-led joint venture seeks Rs26bn for acquisition of land against Rs2.8bn worked out by govt, SC informed.
- Court grants pre-arrest bail to Hamza. Hamza Shahbaz asks the court to restrain the National Accountability Bureau from arresting him.
- Indonesian investigators examine black box from crashed jet. The Lion Air jet that crashed off Jakarta this week, killing all 189 people on board.
- Sri Lanka crisis: president’s party makes u-turn on parliament suspension. The crisis has put the country on edge, threatens to polarise voters and also caused international concern.
- ‘Process of appointing new US envoy begins’. Dr Asad Majeed Khan is a career diplomat currently serving as ambassador to Japan.
- JCP recommends Justice Minallah as IHC chief justice. Justice Minallah is a critic of excessive suo motu cases which lead to pendency of routine cases.
- FO rejects Indian protest over CPEC bus service. New Delhi’s deputy high commissioner summoned to condemn recent ceasefire violation.
- Over 7 million Yemeni children face food insecurity: UNICEF. “1.8 million children under five are facing acute malnutrition, and 400,000 are affected by severe acute malnutrition.”
- If there is no proof against someone, how can we punish them: CJP. “We are ready to sacrifice ourselves for the Prophet’s (PBUH) honour. But we are not judges only for Muslims.”