- PML-N’s Raja Zafarul Haq replaces Sherry Rehman as leader of the opposition in Senate
- FIA raids Anwar Majeed’s sugar mill, seizes record
- PTI imposes Rs0.5m fine, treatment of 20 patients; not enough yet encouraging
- CM Kamal promises to strengthen Balochistan police force. The provincial police will be equipped with the latest weaponry, technology for the eradication of terrorism, crime.
- Beijing-based bank likely to approve $100m for Karachi bus project. The AAIB is already processing a request for a loan of $160m for the Karachi water and sewerage services improvement.
- Iran in talks with Russia to build N-power plant. The Islamic Republic currently has the capacity to produce 1,000MW of nuclear electricity.
- John McCain, war hero and political maverick, passes away at 81
Post-Hajj flight operation to start from August 27
- The post-Hajj flight operation will commence from Monday and the first flight carrying 327 Hujjaj will land at Islamabad Airport in the evening.
- According to a spokesman of Ministry of Religious Affairs, the operation will be completed on 25th of next month with return of over 184000 pilgrims from Saudi Arabia.
PTI-led govt distances itself from Balochistan governor ‘nominee’ Dr Ameer Jogezai
- The Prime Minister Office in a statement issued on Sunday clarified that Dr Ameer Muhammad Khan Jogezai has not been appointed as the next governor of Balochistan and that his name for the post was merely “a recommendation”.