LNG deal with Qatar to be made public
- petroleum minister. Ghulam Sarwar Khan says the LNG import deal will be re-examined by experts to assess its fairness.
- He also said that Diesel price to decrease by at least Rs 17.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has appointed Syed Shibli Faraz as leader of the house in Senate.
- Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Faraz was elected to the Senate in March 2015 from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and serves as the chairman of the committees on circular debt and commerce and textile. He is the son of acclaimed (late) poet Ahmed Faraz.
Imran Ismail takes oath as Sindh governor on 27th
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Imran Ismail will take oath as 33rd Sindh governor on August 27 at the Governor’s House.
- The notification for Ismail’s appointment was issued on Friday. As per the details of the event, the Sindh High Court chief justice will take oath from him.
Money laundering case: FIA summons Zardari, Faryal Talpur on Monday
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has summoned former president Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur for fourth time on Monday in money laundering case.
- Earlier, Islamabad High Court (IHC) had approved protective bail of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari in money laundering case.
Cabinet bans first-class air travel by top officials, retains two-day weekly holiday. Discretionary funds of PM, ministers and MNAs abolished; govt office working hours revised.
Opposition meets today to find consensus presidential candidate. PML-N leader says party will support PPP’s Aitzaz Ahsan only if he apologises to Nawaz Sharif over derogatory remarks.
India revokes Al Jazeera’s security clearance after occupied Kashmir documentary
New US Consul General arrives in Lahore named Colleen Crenwelge to Lahore.She is the 31st U.S. Consul General in Lahore, succeeding Elizabeth Kennedy Trudeau.