GATT was replaced with WTO which stands for World Trade Organization. These MCQs on World Trade Organization are important too and people who are going to attempt PPSC, CSS, FPSC, NTS job test should prepare it too.
1. General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) went into effect?
2. GATT was originally signed by how many countries including the USA?
3. Name the agreement which was signed by the United States. Canada and Mexico towards removing trade barriers?
(d) None of them
4. When was GATT replaced with WTO?
5. When did World Trade Organisation come into effect?
(a) February 5, 1994
(b) January 1, 1995
(c) March 6, 1996
(d) April 8, 1994
6. By the backing of how many founder members was WTO established?
7. WTO comes as the third economic pillar of world-wide dimensions along with the World Bank and ___________?
(a) International Monetary Funds (IMF)
(b) international Economic Association (IEA)
(c) International Funding Organisation (IFO)
(d) International Development Bank (IDB)
8. Which of the following is the main objective behind the establishment of WTO?
(a) To settle disputes between nations
(b) To widen the principle of free trade to sectors such as services and agriculture
(c) To cover more areas than GATT
(d) All of them
9. Which of the following is the headquarters of World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
(b) New York
10. China became a member of world trade Organization in_________?
11. How many countries are the current members of WTO?
12. When did Pakistan join the WTO?
(a) January 1, 1995
(b) February 1, 1995
(c) January 1, 2001
(d) Pakistan is not a member
13. Who is the current Director-General of WTO?
(a) Chedli Klibi
(b) Mahmoud Riad
(c) Pascal Lamy
(d) Michael Johnson
14. Which country becomes the 161st member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) on 26th April 2015?