Today’s top Pakistan current affairs January 13, 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Turkish FM along with ‘Ertugrul’ stars arrive in Pakistan. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu along with a 20-member delegation arrived in Pakistan on a three-day official visit
- President Alvi confers Hilal-e-Pakistan on Turkish FM. President Dr. Arif Alvi conferred on Wednesday Hilal-e-Pakistan award on Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
- Pakistan, Turkey, Azerbaijan FMs to hold 2nd trilateral meeting today. The Foreign Ministers of Pakistan, Turkey and Azerbaijan will hold the second trilateral meeting in Islamabad today after holding the first round of talks in Baku in November 2017
- Karachi’s Green and Orange Lines project will become operational by Nov: minister. Sindh Transport Minister Awais Qadir Shah said on Tuesday that Green and Orange Lines Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) will become operational by October 2021
- CAA allows US flight carrying Pakistani deportees to land at Islamabad airport. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of Pakistan has allowed a chartered flight, bringing back deportees from the United States (US) to land at Islamabad International Airport on January 20
- Osama murder: ATC extends physical remand of five accused. An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Wednesday extended physical remand of the five arrested policemen in the Osama Satti murder case.
- PTA renews PTCL licence for another 25 years. The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has renewed PTCL’s licence to operate in the country for another 25 years.
- Punjab University Announces Online Admission Schedule. Punjab University (PU) has issued a comprehensive schedule for the online submission of admission forms and fee for Associate Degree in Science/Arts Part-I and Part-II Annual Examination 2021.
- E-Sports is Now An Official Sport in Pakistan: Fawad Hussain. The Federal Minister of Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain has made an exciting new announcement for gamers. From now on, E-Sports will be considered an official sport in Pakistan, akin to many other countries.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour count: Pakistan reported 2,123 new cases and 55 deaths in the past 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 39,450 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on January 13 at 8:12am).
2. Nine arrested after child housemaid found dead
What’s going on? Nine suspects were arrested after minor girl, Momina Larik, was reportedly raped and murdered in Sindh’s Khairpur area. Larik was a housemaid who went missing on January 9. She was either seven or nine years-old. She worked at a house located less than a mile away from her residence.
The details: Larik’s father is a rickshaw driver and has eight children. The girl’s parents knew she often stayed at her employer’s house, which is why they didn’t immediately notice she was missing. The parents got worried after she didn’t come home for two days. When they asked their daughter’s employer’s where she was, they said she left two days earlier and didn’t stay with them.
Tell me more: Larik’s parents and relatives found her body in a banana orchard near their home on Monday. She was reportedly raped and strangled to death. Police have caught nine suspects so far. Now, the police are waiting on DNA tests to find a potential match between the suspects and Larik. #JusticeforMominaLarik was trending on Twitter.
The bottom line: This is unfortunately one of several cases involving child abuse and rape. According to a report by Sahil, a child protection organization, 1,489 children were sexually abused in the first half of 2020. In most cases, the abusers were acquaintances of the victims or victims’ families. There are distressing images of Larik’s deceased body circulating on social media, which we chose to not share here.
3. Guess who got an invite to Biden’s inauguration?
Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, was reportedly invited to the US President-elect’s inauguration ceremony on January 20th. Bhutto-Zardari’s dad, PPP Co-Chairman and former President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, also got an invite. The inauguration is where Biden will take his oath as the next President of the US. Outgoing President, Donald Trump, said he won’t attend, making him the first US president to skip the inauguration of his successor since 1869. Daily Times said Zardari won’t be able to attend for health reasons. However, Khaleej Times claimed Zardari is on the Exit Control List, so he can’t leave the country.
4. If Pakistan developed its own messaging app, would you use it?
Federal Minister for Information Technology (IT), Amin-ul-Haq, said Pakistan will develop its own social networking app, complete with modern security and communication features (e.g. messages, voice calls, videos). Haq said Pakistan’s IT Ministry will work with IT experts to build the app. According to Haq, the app will be a convenient social networking platform for people in Pakistan. Users can register with their mobile numbers and CNIC (i.e. national identification). The IT Ministry will oversee the app. Haq claimed the app will protect a user’s private data, messages, and personal information. He said they will try to launch the app this year, and that development work will start soon.