Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 28 July 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Covid-19, 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 4,119 cases and 44 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 52,291 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 28 at 8:07 am).
- Pakistan reports over 4,000 new coronavirus cases for the second consecutive day.
Pakistan records 76 deaths from COVID-19 for the first time since June 9.
- Sydney police call for the military to enforce lockdown. Police in Australia’s largest city has requested military help to enforce a coronavirus lockdown as infections in Sydney reached a new record Thursday.
- Pakistan is neither responsible for the Taliban nor are we their spokespersons. Pakistan is neither responsible for Taliban nor are we their spokespersons: PM Imran
- The 9-year-old girl recovered from Bangali Para area, KARACHI: The nine-year-old girl who went missing from the Korangi area yesterday has returned home on Thursday, providing some relief to the metropolitan city beset by recurring sexual abuse cases.
- Pak-Bahrain agrees to promote bilateral economic, trade relations. ISLAMABAD, Jul 29 Pakistan and Bahrain on Thursday agree to promote bilateral economic and trade relations by working jointly towards economic growth and greater business harmony.
- Pakistan’s Foreign reserve falls to 251 million dollars and the State Bank of Pakistan did not sight any reason behind it. This is a real worry sign that reserves are declining even after that rupee devalued to 2.4 rupees in 2 days last week and no reason for reserve decrease was given.
- Latest Gold Rate in Pakistan today (29 July 2021) is Rs 94736 per 10 grams, and the rate of Gold is Rs.1,10,500 per tola (24k Gold) in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 4,119 cases and 44 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 52,291 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 28 at 8:07 am).
- PML-N’s Maryam Nawaz tests positive for COVID-19: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz’s (PML-N) vice president Maryam Nawaz has tested positive for coronavirus, the party’s information secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb tweeted on Wednesday. Nawaz is currently isolating and being treated at home. She recently led the party’s election campaign for polls in Azad Jammu & Kashmir (i.e. Pakistan-administered Kashmir). Pakistan is in the midst of the fourth wave of covid and has a positivity rate of 11.88 percent, the highest since May 21 this year. Other prominent politicians such as prime minister Imran Khan, President Arif Alvi and chairperson of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto also tested positive in the past and recovered.
2. New statements and recovered cell phones in Noor Mukadam’s murder case
What’s going on? In the latest update about Noor Mukadam’s murder case, Zahir Jaffer’s family and Therapy Works have issued new statements. Jaffer confessed to killing Mukadam on July 26 while in police custody, a week after he murdered her. His exact motive is still unclear. A police officer also said Jaffer wasn’t really cooperating with investigators at first, but now, police are noticing a change in his behavior. According to Dawn.com, Jaffer told the police where his and Mukadam’s mobile phones were. The police found the phones in a room adjacent to the one where Mukadam was killed at his residence. Both the phones were hidden in different cupboards and switched off.