Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 28th April 2022 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- PM Shehbaz arrives in Saudi Arabia for 3-day visit. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif arrived in Saudi Arabia on Thursday — his first foreign trip since assuming office — on a three-day visit at the invitation of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- ECP takes notice of Imran’s criticism of top election official ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Thursday took notice of a speech by Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan wherein the former prime minister criticised Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sikandar Sultan Raja, calling him a “planted agent” of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
- Who are the perpetrators of the recent attack on Chinese citizens? The banned militant Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), which claimed Tuesday’s deadly attack on Chinese citizens in Karachi, is a rebel group operating against the Pakistani state in Balochistan.
- LLF Hosts All-Digital ‘Mini Festival’ This Weekend. The two-day event will feature 10 sessions spread over April 29-30, allowing the public to discover new books and authors from the comfort of their homes.
- PTI challenges LHC verdict ordering administration of oath to Hamza LAHORE: A day after Lahore High Court (LHC) directed Punjab Governor Omer Sarfraz Cheema to either administer the oath of office to chief minister-elect Hamza Shehbaz or appoint a representative to complete the process by Thursday (today), 17 Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) lawmakers filed an intra-court appeal against the decision.
- Imran Khan prays Pakistan ‘breaks chains’ that stand in way of ‘freedom’ Former prime minister Imran Khan addresses dua held on account of 27th of Ramadan at his residence in Islamabad.
- Govt starts preparations to file Article 6 case against PTI leaders: sources Article 6 says any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance the Constitution shall be guilty of high treason.
- Pakistan assures strengthening security for Chinese projects, says China China says it believes Pakistan will earnestly take robust measures to ensure cooperation moves ahead in a safe manner.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. Maryam Nawaz withdraws appeal for the return of her passport
What’s going on? On Wednesday, Vice President of the Pakistan Muslim League- Nawaz (PML-N) party, Maryam Nawaz, withdrew her passport appeal from the Lahore High Court (LHC). Maryam’s counsel, Advocate Amjad Pervez, announced the decision.
The details: Firstly, a two-judge bench headed by Justice Ali Baqar Najafi, which also included Justice Farooq Haider, was dissolved on Tuesday when Justice Haider recused himself from hearing the case. The LHC’s chief justice created a second two-member bench. Justice Najafi was on the second bench with Justice Asjad Javed Gharal. Then, Justice Gharal recused himself from the case. Later on, a third two-member bench was created to hear the petition.
2. Bilawal becomes Pakistan’s youngest foreign minister:On Wednesday, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, took his oath to become Foreign Minister. President Arif Alvi administered the oath. The ceremony took place at Aiwan-i-Sadr in the presence of Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif. Bhutto-Zardari, who is 33 years old, has become Pakistan’s youngest foreign minister in the country’s history. He became a member of the National Assembly in 2018. This is his first time serving as a federal minister.