Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 26th November 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- New COVID variant? here’s what you need to know about B.1.1.529. The variant has a very? an unusual constellation of mutations,? which can help it make it more transmissible.
- ECP seeks funds from govt for EVMs. The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has written a letter to the government, demanding money in order to produce electronic voting machines (EVMs) for the upcoming general elections of 2023.
- COAS pins rank badges of AMC Colonel Commandant to the first-ever female general: ISPR RAWALPINDI, Nov 26 (APP): Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa Friday pinned the badges of rank to formally install Lieutenant General Nigar Johar as first-ever female general to be appointed as Colonel Commandant of AMC.
- Police fire tear gas on citizens protesting outside Nasla Tower. Police and Rangers fired tear gas and initiated baton-charge on residents and builders staging protests outside Karachi’s Nasla Tower which is a 15-story residential building located at the intersection of Shahrah-i-Faisal and Shahrah-i-Quaideen, against the demolition orders by the Supreme Court.
- HEC establishes a ‘special desk’ to facilitate overseas Pakistanis. Desk to help in quick disposal of services, processing of cases, redressal of complaints, necessary guidance.
- CJP grills defense secretary over commercial use of military land. Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Gulzar Ahmed jeered at the defense secretary on Friday, over commercial use of military land.
- UNESCO member states adopt global artificial intelligence ethics. UNITED NATIONS, Nov 26 (APP): The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) member states Friday adopted the first global agreement on the ethics of artificial intelligence (AI) that defines the common values and principles needed to ensure the healthy development of the expert system.
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 26th November 2021. Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 26th November 2021 is being sold for Rs. 107,000 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 124,800 per tola in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 363 cases and 13 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 41,240 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on November 25 at 8:09 am).
2. Citizens rush to petrol stations ahead of strike
What’s going on? There are reports of traffic jams in major cities (e.g. Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi), and long lines at petrol stations. Citizens were rushing to put fuel in their vehicles before the Pakistan Petroleum Dealers Association (PPDA) launched a nationwide strike. Starting today at 6:00 am local time, fuel stations around the country are expected to remain closed.
The details: The PPDA announced a nationwide strike and the closure of fuel stations after accusing the government of failing to increase profit margins for petroleum dealers. According to the PPDA, the government agreed to raise the profit margin three years ago, but still hasn’t come through. The head of the PPDA’s Bahawalpur chapter, Muhammad Yaseen, said that only ambulances and Rescue 1122 vehicles would have access to fuel during the strike.