Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 21 July 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Covid-19, 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,452 cases and 30 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 49,503 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 19 at 7:59 am).
- Delta variant accounts for 100% of cases in Karachi: research institute Karachi’s coronavirus positivity ratio reaches 16.46%, according to federal health officials.
- President Alvi, PM Imran emphasizes the spirit of sacrifice as the nation celebrates the second pandemic Eidul Azha. As Pakistanis celebrated their second Eidul Azha under the shadow of the worsening coronavirus situation, the president, prime minister, and other leaders emphasized the spirit of sacrifice and urged people to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to stop the coronavirus from spreading.
- India records the highest-ever merchandise exports of $95 billion in the June quarter of FY 2022. India records the highest-ever merchandise exports in a quarter. At $95 billion, the exports are 16 percent more as compared to Q1 exports in FY18-19.
- Case registered against the suspect for killing the daughter of Pakistan’s former ambassador. ISLAMABAD – Police have registered the first information report (FIR) against a suspect under charges of premeditated killing of the daughter of Pakistan’s former ambassador to South Korea Shaukat Ali Mukadam.
- Just one serious COVID patient in Israel is both vaccinated and under 60 — TV
The report indicates more than 60% of those hospitalized with coronavirus are fully vaccinated, but almost all are over age 60
- Four arrested in Karachi for shooting an angry bull in the leg before qurbani. KARACHI – Police have arrested four people for opening fire on a sacrificial bull after it went out of control minutes before the Qurbani in Karachi on the first day of Eidul Adha.
- Latest Gold Rate in Pakistan today (21, July 2021) is Rs 94,050 per 10 grams, and the rate of Gold is Rs.109,700 per tola (24k Gold) in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,452 cases and 30 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 49,503 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 19 at 7:59 am).
2. Numbers from Pakistan on the worldwide list of targeted surveillance
What’s going on? Pegasus is private military-grade spyware that the Israeli firm, NSO Group, licenses to governments around the world. According to the company, its spyware is only meant to track criminals or terrorists. However, a media consortium’s investigation revealed that Pegasus spyware was used in “attempted and successful hacks” of 37 smartphones belonging to journalists, human rights activists, business executives, and two women who were close to murdered Saudi journalists, Jamal Khashoggi. Out of the 67 phones Amnesty’s Security Lab examined, 23 were successfully infected, 14 showed signs of attempted targeting for surveillance, and the remaining 30 showed inconclusive results.
3. 30 dead, more than 40 injured in bus-truck collision in Punjab: At least 30 people have been killed and more than 40 others injured after a bus and truck collided on the Indus Highway on Monday in Dera Ghazi Khan. The bus was traveling from Sialkot to Rajanpur when it collided with the truck. Federal Information and Broadcasting Minister Fawad Chaudhry tweeted about the need for public transport drivers to “take further precaution” while driving. Several ministers and politicians expressed their grief for lives lost just days before the Eid ul Azha holidays. An emergency situation has been imposed in all hospitals, according to Special Assistant to the Punjab Chief Minister Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan, who added that Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar was supervising all matters personally.
4. 35 villages in Sindh drown after flood dyke develops breach: A protective flood embankment developed a 70-foot wide breach on Sunday in Dadu, Sindh, drowning at least 35 villages near Molvi Noor Mohammad Rodhnani village. 400 other villages in Kachho were abandoned after natural rainwater drains overflowed their banks due to heavy rains for the fifth straight day. Onion, chili, and paddy crops on 1,000 acres of land flooded, along with ten fishponds and two link roads that remain submerged. Affected villagers complained about not receiving tents and adequate shelter, while several families are still stranded in flooded homes waiting for rescue boats.