Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 18 July 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- China, Pakistan plans to work on Dasu Dam. Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Nong Rong visited the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Rawalpindi on Sunday.
- Delta variant: Karachi’s Covid-19 positivity ratio rises to 23pc Out of 90 samples tested at the ICCBS labs on July 14, the Delta variant was detected in 83 of them. Health experts say that if the cases continue to increase, the death toll in the country is also likely to get higher.
- Kabul recalls envoy to Islamabad. The Foreign Office of Pakistan Sunday termed the Afghan government’s decision to recall its ambassador and senior diplomats from Pakistan “unfortunate and regrettable”.
- Punjab Arts Council launches book Mutaliat Hamd-o-Naat. A book launching ceremony titled “Mutaliat Hamd-o-Naat” by the well-known poet and critic Naseem-e-Sahar was held under the auspices of Punjab Council of the Arts in collaboration with Halqa-e-Ilm-o-Adab.
- Admin, PESCO join hands against power theft. District administration Peshawar and Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO) Sunday joined hands against power theft to provide relief to people in load shedding during Eidul Azha.
- Sindh govt launches ‘Library in Each Union Council’ project. The Sindh government has launched the ‘Library in Each Union Council’ project under the Local Government Department.
- Afghan envoy’s daughter not abducted: Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid on Sunday denied the abduction of the daughter of Afghanistan’s ambassador to Pakistan in Islamabad, saying it was an “international racket” led by the Indian intelligence agency.
- Latest Gold Rate in Pakistan today (18, July 2021) is Rs93,750 per 10 grams, and the rate of Gold is Rs.109,700 per tola (24k Gold) in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,327 cases and 31 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 37,690 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 16 at 7:15 am).
- COVID-19 cases, positivity rates surge across Pakistan: The fourth wave of COVID-19 seems imminent in Pakistan as the country recorded 2,545 cases Thursday, July 15, a 28.5 percent increase from a day earlier. The nationwide positivity rate now stands at 5.2 percent up from 4.17 percent a day earlier; the last time the positivity rate was higher than 5 percent was in May. Of the major cities in Pakistan, Gilgit recorded the highest positivity rate of 23.17 percent.
2. Traces of explosives found in bus blast investigation
What’s going on? Yesterday, we wrote about a bus that fell into a ravine after an explosion. The bus was carrying construction workers to the Dasu Hydropower Project in the northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. At least 12 people, including nine Chinese citizens, were killed. Now, Pakistan is not ruling out the possibility of a terrorist attack.
The details: When we covered this incident yesterday, there were conflicting reports about what exactly caused the bus explosion. Advisor to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs, Babar Awan, claimed the incident was “a cowardly attack.” A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson claimed the blast was an “attack” and went on to say China “condemns the bomb attack.” However, Pakistan’s foreign office claimed it was because of a “mechanical failure” that triggered a gas leak, which then led to an explosion.