Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 17th October 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Pakistan reports less than 1,000 daily COVID-19 cases for the second consecutive day.
The country detects at least 720 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, NCOC data shows.
- Rs3.61bn package for LoC residents approved. The federal government has decided to release Rs3.61 billion for the rehabilitation and protection of citizens living around the Line of Control (LoC) to ensure their protection from Indian military strikes and firing, a news outlet reported on Saturday.
- PDM announces a new phase of anti-govt protests across the country. Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), the joint opposition alliance, has announced a new phase of protest in a bid to dislodge the PTI-led government, blaming it for high inflation and rising unemployment in the country.
- $1 billion tranches: Pakistan, IMF fail to reach an agreement. IMF assesses Pakistan will have to hike power tariff by more between a range of Rs1.50 and Rs2.50 per unit on account of fuel price adjustment.
- Iran, Pakistan agree to establish full security along borders, hold joint naval drills: Top commander Iran’s top military commander says the Islamic Republic and Pakistan agreed to establish full security along joint borders and hold naval drills.
- Sindh education dept proposes easing teachers’ recruitment exam policy KARACHI: The Sindh Education Department has proposed easing the teachers’ recruitment exam policy after not even 1% of the candidates who appeared in last month’s recruitment test were able to pass it.
- T20 World Cup: Babar Azam defends changes in the squad. Pakistan cricket team captain Babar Azam on Saturday defended the changes in the T20 World Cup squad and said that some players were not in the form during the National T20 Cup.
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 17h October 2021. Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 17th October 2021 is being sold for Rs. 10,1170 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 1,18,000 per tola in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 1,016 cases and 28 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 47,934 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on October 14 at 7:14 am).
2. 18-year-old Pakistani climate activist calls on Microsoft to cut down corporate flights
The details: The word “Teams” in #JustUsTeams is a reference to Microsoft’s business communications platform, which is also called Teams. In an open letter to Eric Bailey, Microsoft’s Global Director of Travel, and Lucas Joppa, Microsoft’s Chief Environmental Officer, Baig wrote, “I’ve never taken a flight. Yet every day I live with the consequences of a planet overheated by the greenhouse gas emissions from flights.”