Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 17 September 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- The UK removes Pakistan from ‘red list countries’. In a major development, the United Kingdom (UK) has removed Pakistan from its list of “red list countries,” British High Commissioner Christian Turner announced.
- The UK has no role in New Zealand cricket tour cancellation: British envoy
British High Commissioner Christian Turner has dispelled speculations that the UK mission in Islamabad had any role in the cancellation of the New Zealand cricket team tour to Pakistan.
- 4,000 policemen to be deployed in Rawalpindi for NZ-Pakistan cricket matches
RAWALPINDI: As many as 4,000 police personnel will be deployed for the cricket series being played between Pakistan and New Zealand at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium from Sept 17 (today).
- Punjab to set up a regulatory body for private schools: Murad Raas Education Minister Murad Raas says Punjab will regulate fees and other matters regarding private schools through a regulating authority.
- Indonesia warns against arms race after Australian nuclear sub pact. Indonesia said on Friday it was worried about an arms race in the region after neighboring Australia announced plans to acquire nuclear-powered submarines as part of a new Indo-Pacific security alliance with the United States and Britain.
- PDWP approves eleven development schemes. The Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) approved eleven development schemes of various sectors with an estimated cost of Rs. 11,725.31 million.
- Afghanistan passing through defining moment; inclusive govt must achieve sustainable peace: PM DUSHANBE, Sep 17 (APP): Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday stressed that the establishment of an inclusive government with all ethnic groups on board was a must to achieve sustainable peace and stability in Afghanistan, which was passing through a defining moment.
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 17th September 2021. Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 17 September 2021 is being sold for Rs. 96,365 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 1,12,400 per tola in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,928 cases and 68 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 57,626 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on September 17 at 7:22 am).
- Sindh government to give booster shots to healthcare workers: The Sindh government said it will administer free Pfizer vaccine booster shots to all healthcare workers. The province’s health department issued a notification, stating that healthcare workers were at more risk of being exposed to COVID-19, which is why the government decided to give them booster shots. Last month, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health, Dr. Faisal Sultan, said the government was considering giving booster shots, six months after the second shot, to frontline healthcare workers above the age of 50. Dr. Sultan said the booster shots will likely roll out after October 1. He also said there were plans to start administering booster shots to immunocompromised people as well.