Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 17 July 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Covid-19, 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,327 cases and 31 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 37,690 tests in the span of 24 hours.
- Pakistan to ensure foolproof security of Chinese workers: ISLAMABAD, Jul 17 (APP): Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on Saturday said Pakistan would provide foolproof security to Chinese working on different projects and directives had been issued to all the law enforcement agencies in that regard.
- President of Pakistan Arif Alvi is now on TikTok. The president has joined the video-sharing platform to spread the message of positivity among youth.
- Malaysia to stop using Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine after supply ends: Health minister
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s health ministry on Thursday said the country will stop administering the COVID-19 vaccine produced by China’s.
- Saudi allows businesses to open during prayers in key reform Saudi Arabia has officially allowed businesses to remain open during the five daily Muslim prayers.
- PM Imran to begin election campaign in Azad Kashmir from today. Prime Minister Imran Khan will start the election campaign from today (Saturday) for his party s candidates in the upcoming Azad Kashmir elections,
- US rapper Biz Markie dies aged 57 American rappers, DJ and producer Biz Markie, who shot to fame with his 1989 hit “Just a Friend”, died on Friday, aged 57.
- Latest Gold Rate in Pakistan today (17, July 2021) is Rs.94,050 per 10 grams, and the rate of Gold is Rs.109,700 per tola (24k Gold) in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,327 cases and 31 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 37,690 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on July 16 at 7:15 am).
- COVID-19 cases, positivity rates surge across Pakistan: The fourth wave of COVID-19 seems imminent in Pakistan as the country recorded 2,545 cases Thursday, July 15, a 28.5 percent increase from a day earlier. The nationwide positivity rate now stands at 5.2 percent up from 4.17 percent a day earlier; the last time the positivity rate was higher than 5 percent was in May. Of the major cities in Pakistan, Gilgit recorded the highest positivity rate of 23.17 percent.
2. Traces of explosives found in bus blast investigation
What’s going on? Yesterday, we wrote about a bus that fell into a ravine after an explosion. The bus was carrying construction workers to the Dasu Hydropower Project in the northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. At least 12 people, including nine Chinese citizens, were killed. Now, Pakistan is not ruling out the possibility of a terrorist attack.
The details: When we covered this incident yesterday, there were conflicting reports about what exactly caused the bus explosion. Advisor to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs, Babar Awan, claimed the incident was “a cowardly attack.” A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson claimed the blast was an “attack” and went on to say China “condemns the bomb attack.” However, Pakistan’s foreign office claimed it was because of a “mechanical failure” that triggered a gas leak, which then led to an explosion.