Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 15 September 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Covid-19, 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,714 cases and 73 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 56,733 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on September 15 at 6:28 am).
- Pakistan Records More Than 10,000 Recoveries During Last 24-hrs. Pakistan reported 2,714 new cases of coronavirus during the past 24 hours, taking the tally for confirmed cases to 1,212,809. At least 73 fatalities were also reported during the period.
- Justice Ayesha’s nomination: Acting CJP sought mention of dissenters’ names. ISLAMABAD: Justice Umar Ata Bandial, senior puisne judge of the Supreme Court, takes oath as acting Chief Justice of Pakistan on Tuesday.
- Misappropriation of Rs3bn?: PTI demands probe into buying of school desks at high rates by Sindh govt. Transparency International had complained about Sindh education department allegedly buying desks at a 320% higher rate.
- JS Bank launches open-banking API at Pakistan’s largest Hackathon. JS Bank is partnering with Pakistani tech startup Remotebase to launch an open-banking API at the Remotebase Hackfest, Pakistan’s largest hackathon.
- PM Imran asserts world should incentivize the Taliban, not attempt to control them. Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday warned that Afghanistan could not be controlled from the outside and instead insisted that the global community should make efforts to incentivize the Taliban administration so that the current crisis could come to a close.
- Pakistan PM: World should give Taliban ‘time’ on human rights, ‘incentivize’ group
The world should give Afghanistan’s Taliban “time” to provide equal human rights in the country and protect them, and the international community should take an incentive-based approach when dealing with the group, Pakistan’s PM Imran Khan told CNN in an interview.
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 15th September 2021. Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 15 September 2021 is being sold for Rs. 95,170 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 1,11,000 per tola in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 2,714 cases and 73 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 56,733 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on September 15 at 6:28am).
2. Update: the stalemate in Justice Ayesha Malik’s Supreme Court nomination
What’s going on? Last week on September 9, the Judicial Commission of Pakistan (JCP) did not approve Justice Ayesha Malik’s elevation to the Supreme Court. The vote was a 4-4 split, and one judge was absent from the meeting. Yesterday, The Express Tribune cited some details from the JCP meeting where members voted on Justice Malik’s appointment.
Reminder: Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Umar Ata Bandial, Attorney General for Pakistan (AGP), Khalid Jawed Khan, and Law Minister Dr. Farogh Naseem, supported her nomination. Justice Maqbool Baqar, Justice Sardar Tariq Masood, Justice (retd) Dost Muhammad Khan, and Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) representative, Akhtar Hussain, opposed it. Justice Qazi Faez Isa was on leave and not at the meeting.
The details: Justice Bandial said the opinions of the JCP members who voted against Justice Malik’s nomination should be recorded in history, since they opposed the appointment of Pakistan’s first woman Supreme Court judge (P.S. Pakistan is the only country in South Asia that has never had a woman Supreme Court judge). The JCP members who opposed Justice Ayesha’s nomination reportedly based their decision on the seniority principle.