Today’s top Pakistan current affairs 11 September 2021 with download link available in pdf. These are the latest breaking news about Pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, Pakistan affairs, General knowledge for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, OTS, PTS, and other Govt Jobs, exams & MDCAT, ECAT Entry test preparation.
- Intelligence chiefs of regional powers fine-tune security strategy in wake of Taliban’s rise
ISLAMABAD: The chiefs of intelligence agencies from China, Iran, Russia, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Pakistan held an important meeting here and deliberated upon the developing situation in the war-ravaged Afghanistan.
- COVID-19: Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan’s health improving, says family
Dr. Abdul Qadeer has shifted to a coronavirus ward a few days ago due to his critical condition.
- Fusion gets closer with the successful test of new kind of magnet at MIT start-up backed by Bill Gates. If fusion can be achieved on earth and commercialized, it will provide a nearly unlimited source of clean energy without producing the waste of nuclear fission.
- Pakistan reiterates condemnation of the September 11 attacks in New York: FO In a statement on the 20th anniversary of the September 11 attacks, he said, the people and government of Pakistan remember and pray for those who lost their precious lives that day.
- PIA to restart Islamabad-Kabul commercial flights from Monday. Taliban have been scrambling to get Kabul airport operational again after damage during the chaotic evacuation of over 120,000 people.
- PTI leader Abdul Aleem Khan decides to resign from ministry. LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) senior leader and provincial minister Abdul Aleem Khan has decided to resign from his position as Food Minister of Punjab. Prime Minister Imran Khan has reportedly not accepted his approval yet.
- Pakistan’s Afghanistan policy and a regional consensus. The events of the past few months have placed Pakistan’s Afghan policy at the heart of global discourse.
- Latest Gold Rate in Pakistan today (11 Sep 2021) is Rs 96,800 per 10 grams, and the rate of Gold is Rs.112,900 per tola (24k Gold) in Pakistan today.
Spotlight by The NewsRun
1. COVID-19 IN PAKISTAN
- 24-hour recap: Pakistan reported 3,689 cases and 83 deaths in 24 hours. Pakistan also conducted 61,128 tests in the span of 24 hours (P.S. this data was last updated on September 10 at 10:28 am).
2. No consensus on Justice Ayesha Malik’s Supreme Court appointment
What’s going on? The Judicial Commission of Pakistan (JCP) did not approve the nomination of Lahore High Court (LHC) Justice, Ayesha Malik, as a Supreme Court judge. The vote was a 4-4 split, meaning, it was a tie, and not majority approval (P.S. one judge was absent from the meeting). If approved, Justice Malik would have been Pakistan’s first woman judge of the Supreme Court. Her nomination was considered a step towards women’s empowerment.
The details: Judges appointed to the Supreme Court must have five years of experience as high court judges. Justice Malik has nine years of experience and ranks number four on the seniority list of LHC judges. The lawyers who opposed Justice Malik’s nomination claimed she is not “senior” enough for a judicial appointment to the Supreme Court.