Download PDF file of today’s important Pakistan Current Affairs 25 March 2020. These are top latest breaking news about pakistan which will be helpful for aspirants in test preparation of current affairs, pakistan affairs mcqs for GK, NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, KPPSC, SPSC, BPSC, OTS, PTS and All other Govt Jobs & exams.
- PM Imran urges provinces to ‘reassess’ complete lockdowns as strategy against virus Reiterates earlier stance that complete lockdown will be detrimental to economy, poorest section of society.
- Hafeez Sheikh outlines government’s economic measures to cope with Covid-19 Says the coronavirus is likely to have an adverse impact on Pakistan’s economy.
- President Alvi urges AJK people to maintain strict precautions Calls AJK President Sardar Masood Khan to inquire about the state’s preparedness for combating the coronavirus.
- Designer Maria B’s employee quarantined in Vehari after testing positive for Covid-19 Punjab health authorities say they are tracing the patient’s contacts to put them under quarantine and conduct tests.
- First death from local virus transmission in Pakistan Lockdown imposed in Balochistan for 15 days; China donates medical supplies.
- Murad orders closure of all shops except pharmacies from 8pm to 8am Forms a body to either provide ration or cash assistance to wage earners; mapping of coronavirus cases begins.
- Pakistan seeks clarity about Saarc’s Covid-19 fund Fund was announced by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Saarc leaders’ March 15 video conference.
- Government urged to protect prisoners from coronavirus Amnesty International and JPP put out joint statement.
- Punjab govt gives Rs11bn to health dept Buzdar and his cabinet members will donate one-month’s salary to the CM’s fund for disease control.
- Govt in limbo over banning congregation prayers in mosques amidst virus lockdown Religious affairs ministry, CII to hold discussions with ulema on Thursday to decide if prayers can be offered at home.
- Private hospitals in Islamabad offer 1,000 beds, 80 ventilators for Covid-19 patients Each hospital will also provide 30 isolation rooms and 10 ventialtors for patients, says official.
- Experts warn against usage of Chloroquine, self-medication “There is insufficient evidence to suggest Chloroquine and Hydroxichloroquine can prevent the coronavirus.”
- Peshawar police making protective gear by themselves Official says masks, jumpsuits being provided to personnel at quarantine centres, locked-down areas.
- Public transport owners defy lockdown in Lahore: Business as usual for some people Citizens spotted playing circlet of the roads; families seen travelling in cars.
- Judiciary to continue functioning to defend people’s rights, announces SC No case to be dismissed for non-prosecution if lawyer cannot appear before apex court to plead the case.
- First corona death in Punjab: victim contracted it locally Patient had visited AJK to attend a funeral; had probably been infected there, says Mayo Hospital official.
- Imposition of curfew will be last option, says PM Asks overseas Pakistanis to provide funds to government for fight against coronavirus.
- 640 pilgrims cleared of coronavirus leave Sukkur quarantine centre for home “425 persons to remain under observation for some days“.
- AJK tightens measures to enforce lockdown Only one positive coronavirus case found in the region.
- Dollar climbs to Rs162.5 in interbank market The dollar rose by Rs3.5, or 2.22 per cent, over the previous day’s closing value of Rs159.
- Export of onion, PPE banned Two notifications were issued to implement the decision with immediate effect.
- Rs1.13tr package unveiled to fight coronavirus Rs200bn allocated for labourers; Rs150bn to support vulnerable families; Prices of petroleum products reduced by Rs15.
- Locked-down no longer, China’s Hubei begins return to normal As screening from abroad continues to prevent a surge in imported cases, quarantined workers go back to work in Hubei.
- Britain’s Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus The prince and his wife, Camila, are self-isolating in Scotland.
- Trump declares coronavirus fight close to end, but cases rise “Our country — it’s not built to shut down,” says the US president.
- A third of the world under virus lockdown More govts are opting not to risk allowing potential virus-carriers to go out and about.
- China to lift two-month lockdown in Hubei The city of Wuhan, where the virus was first detected in December 2019, is to remain under lockdown till April 8.
- German army loses 6 million masks in Kenya Authorities are still trying to figure out what happened, says German defence ministry official.
- US could become next epicentre, warns WHO We are now seeing a very large acceleration in the number of cases in the US, says WHO spokeswoman.
- China’s symptom-free coronavirus carriers raise fears of new wave of infections Asymptomatic cases present a huge challenge in the control of disease, making it harder to detect and stop transmission
- Tokyo Games moved to 2021 as ‘light at end of pandemic tunnel’ The Olympic flame will stay in Japan, the host nation as a “symbol of hope”.
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook Group||Click Here|